Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome to Virtual Paradise


















******************************************Ah, Virtual Paradise! I have created this blog to introduce you to my other world - Second Life is a creative space for artists and composers to play and share endeavors across national borders. This is a house that I created, for example, on my beach property. Other projects have included fashion creation, sound design and a book project on the social aspects of media usage in Second Life. As part of my research, I have discovered that women are increasingly finding SL as a "medium" of creativity - a place where creativity is imported and originates. Sample Presentation, Virtual Praxis: In the Director’s Chair (Making Media: Women in Second Life) http://virtualsoni.blogspot.com/
Audio was delivered live during the presentation; but also prerecorded for the blog.

Another related project related to the online marketing aspects of commerce is expressed in Proceedings; NMC Summer Annual Conference. Note my chapter, Selling through Storytelling:
The Tale of New Media Advertising in Consumer Culture
Proceedings, PDF, pp. 74-83.http://www.nmc.org/pdf/NMC-2007-Proceedings.pdf




No comments:

Post a Comment